Thursday, January 1, 2015

Canmore

Brett's aunts and uncles have co-owned a condo in Canmore for years. There is 5 shares, and this past year two of the share owners wanted out. So, knowing this opportunity would not come again anytime soon, we took the plunge and purchased a "shared" share with Brett's brother Jeff and family.
I am a very cautious person, and this made me nervous. So far we have been to Canmore 4-5 times since May and have spent amazing time with family and friends. 

 My sisters inlaws also own a condo in Canmore, so one of the weeks we spent there matched up with a time Kim and Chris were able to be there too. What fun! Any old activity feels spectacular when surrounded by mountains.
 The Hatch family also came for a stay. First and definitely not the last time! Our kids get along so well, and Sheri and I even ditched everyone for a ladies night out.
 We invited my parents to stay with us for a few days as well. Quality time with grandparents means lots of fantastic memories of time away in Canmore.
 I have always enjoyed INDOOR rock climbing. I'm definitely an amateur, but it's been fun to go with Brett and Wyatt and use the auto belay system at Elevation place. Wyatt made it all the way to the top even.
 I LOVE that my kids will grow up going to Canmore.
 Another fun friend visit. The monteleones were sweet and added another day or two to an already long holiday just to spend some time with us.
 Scoopin' Moose! Best ice-cream treat!
 Prepped to be ski bunnies. We took the kids to Lake Louise and we bought a family ski pass to Sunridge in Sherwood Park so we can get some extra practice.



Grassi Lakes Hike. My kids are troopers going up the "hard" path.

We are looking forward to more time away, and more friends to come stay!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I love that we didn't scare you away from future visits! We made so many great memories there in just one weekend and my kids still talk about it all the time. Thanks for sharing with us.