Friday, January 20, 2012

Winter Retreat

My calling at church is to work with a group of young ladies called Laurels. They are 16-17 years old and amazing! They intimidated me a LOT when I was first called, but now they are just like great friends. I love that they trust me to tell me about the boys they are kissing, and they take me under their wings and help me with my hair etc. etc. It has been great getting to know them. I also have the pleasure of working with the BEST YW president ever. She is just amazing with all the girls, knows what's going on with each and every one of them and is the best example to me and to them. I feel very blessed.

This past weekend we went on a Winter Retreat out to the Strathcona Wilderness Center. It was so fun to hang out and be silly, play games and stay up late like when I was a Laurel. It doesn't feel that long ago since I was 17, but this weekend really showed me how lame I am, and how old I'm getting. It was still such a blast though.

One of our girls had mono and couldn't come for the night so we had her there in spirit and in paper. :) If you see her randomly in the pictures I post that is why.


Unity games. The theme of the retreat was unity. I think we accomplished our goal.
Can't have a retreat without toilet papering. All done lovingly with nice little notes written on the toilet paper. The only trouble was that the girls used most of the toilet paper in the lodge, so we were concerned that they have to collect some from the bunk rooms if it was needed. (luckily it didn't come to that)
Beautiful girls ready for a wild 24 hours.
My oldest girls. They are so good. They won't be at summer camp because they will have graduated. I'm glad I had this time with them.

No comments: