Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year!

We had some big plans for New Year's Eve, but they fell through, and we ended up having much more fun. We ended up over at the Oviatt's (my friend Kaycee's maiden family) and played games and ate great food, and had a good visit. Then we went to the fireworks at Festival place. It was nice that they started at 8pm, and we had the kids in home and on the way to bed by 9. Perfect. Brett and I then slept through most of a movie, and woke up just in time to wish each other a Happy New Year and headed to bed. A great night.
*Watching the fireworks from the car*

New Years day we were on time for 9am church (a good start to the year), Isla had her first day of nursery and survived the whole 2 hours. Horray!!

That afternoon we headed out to Camrose for Drever Christmas. It was so nice to catch up with extended family we don't see much, and so nice to be part of such a close extended family. Always fun!
*Drever Christmas with Auntie Jaclyn. Wyatt got a cranium game, and that is the lid on Isla's head. Cutie*
This year Brett and I have HUGE plans for the new year. More to come on that in the near future I hope. I don't want to jinx anything.

My goals for the New Year are:
*run a half marathon
*stop yelling :) (Mostly with Wyatt, I find that my patience is thin when dealing with Isla sometimes, and he gets my final reaction which typically involves some yelling. I've been trying really hard, and it's going well so far.)
*Brett and I have some spiritual goals as well.

We usually have this long list and end up disappointed with our progress through the year. This year we are keeping it more manageable. The outlook seems more promising.

1 comment:

The Pratts said...

I loved reading your goals for the new year! This year I have none...I'm just trying to get through the next 6 weeks! :)

Have you picked a half marathon to run?? I'm thinking of doing the Harvest Half in Calgary at the end of Sept (it's on a Saturday, which is hard to find) if you're interested!