Monday, January 9, 2012

Best Friend!

My best friend in the world came into town over Christmas and I was so lucky to spend a few moments with just her, and then some time with her beautiful family.

She has been my dearest friend for 20 years! Unbelievable. She has been away from me for a few years while her husband finished his schooling, and is still living away (Red Deer) but is MUCH closer!!! Even though she has been living away, anytime she came home to visit family we were always able to pick up right where we left off, like no time had passed at all.

Now being a Laurel advisor at church (working with 16 & 17 year old girls) I can really appreciate what a HUGE influence she has had on my life and will always have.

Now that we've spent some quality time catching up (Breakfast at Cora's, an evening alone to visit and snack, and then New Years Eve with our families) I miss her more than ever. I wish I was more of a phone talker, because then we'd be closer, but for some reason we can still make it work. I'm just going to have to make a trip south :)

No comments: