Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

It's 9:30pm on New Years eve and I'm planning on writing this and then going to bed. Wow how things have changed in only a couple years. My social habits may have changed dramatically, but I think I feel the same way about the start of a new year as I always have. It's exciting to think of a fresh start, new goals, and new surprises. It is nice that it is snowing outside too, that way when I wake up everything will look brand new. {but then I'll have to go shovel :) }
BJt is definately the motivated member of the family. Every year he sits me down to set some new goals... I dread it everytime he brings it up, but am realizing that living life day to day without things to look forward to, or things to improve upon would become completely monotonous. We set goals in three catagories... Spiritual, Physical and Personal. This year we will be sure to post them somewhere where we can reflect regularily.
My favorite goal of the year is under the personal category. We as a family are going to try and help someone secretly... or hopefully more than one person. We have been reading the conference talks lately and there was one recently we read by Elder D. Todd Christofferson called "Come to Zion" definately a good one! There is one section about caring for the poor with a little story that made me cry... if you are interested in reading it let me know and I'll email you a copy... I am just reminded constantly of how truly blessed I am, and there will definately be something that I find this year that will enable me to share even a little bit of that with someone else. By doing that, I think in my own little way I'll be showing gratitude to the one that has given it all to me.
We had such a great Christmas this year... It was fun to watch WW open the gifts and want to play with each one right away. We have such wonderful families that we were able to spend time with... I am feeling VERY blessed this year.


JF reading the Grinch that Stole Christmas to most of the kids.


WW waiting patiently for Grandma Fixsen to set up his basketball hoop.



Christmas morning at Grandma and Grandpa Mabey's... BJ has to work Christmas day this year so WW and I spend the day at my parents. We are happy BJ will be home next year!



WW got this great gift from my sister for Christmas. He just loves to draw and use the chalk board... only trouble is that he's a little confused and is writing on walls too... He'll learn quick... no damage as long as he's using washable writing utensils.

My family... from left to right
Me, BJ, WW, Kevin (my brother), Chris (Brother in law), Kim (sister), Jude (Nephew), Dave (uncle), Meagan (Cousin), Willi (Aunt), Mom, Dad.
Happy New Year!!! Hope it is a good one!!

No comments: