Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sleep...

We went visiting teaching today and HF-my companion/sister-in-law mentioned how you will never get a good nights sleep again after having kids. I have to say that I have to agree with her. The last few weeks- since I've been pregnant I think- I've been rocking WW to sleep and singing him songs and then laying him down in his crib for the night. Most of the time he will sleep right through... but the last few nights he has gotten up around 2am and wants to be rocked some more, or to cuddle and I just can't get him back to sleep. As soon as I'm positive he is really out, I try to lay him in the crib and he's wide awake again. So last night I had had enough, so let him cry it out to tire him out some... but that didn't work. So then I stayed in his room and held his hand through the crib bars... he just layed there staring at me, and as soon as I made it through the door of his room he would notice me missing and cry again. We ended up sleeping together in the single spare bed in our office.


I remember when WW was only 7 or 8 months old and I thought I had messed up at a parent, but figured I knew what it was I needed to change... so I was trying to convince Brett to let me start again with a new baby. Obviously I'd still keep WW, and try to improve on the habits we had developed in him... but I was so sure I'd be a better, more experienced mother with the next one... no sleep issues, and I'd be WAY better at the whole meal/food thing. Now that the next one is coming... I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will remember how to avoid the "mistakes" I've made with WW- (every mom is more lenient with their first baby right???? )


p.s. I am seriously having the most CRAZY dreams lately... did that happen to anyone else while pregnant?
This is the most peaceful picture I think. Sleeping while eating... he put his hand up there to support his head all by himself. What a sweet boy!

2 comments:

The Whiddens said...

He IS a sweet little boy :) So cute!

The Heavenor's said...

Leslie, you are a wonderful mom I'm sure, and congrats on being pregnant! That is so exciting!!! When the due date?!?!