Thursday, February 19, 2015

Hawaii- Before the trip

My dearest friends from high school and I have always talked about a trip away together when we are 35. We recently concluded that Hawaii might be a good choice because one of our dearest lives in Austrailia and so Hawaii is about half way for both. Who knows where everyone will be in their lives at 35, but after this current trip my fingers are crossed even harder that it works out as planned.

Elesa inquired about a possible ladies trip months ago, I declared my interest and then life went on. I sort of assumed it would be one of those things that was talked about and not carried through. Little did I know, that Elesa was totally serious. We had planned February as a possible date that was far enough from Christmas that we weren't feeling too tight in the cash department, but still in the dead of winter so it was a nice warm escape.

There had been a few other girls included on the invite, but secretly I hoped they wouldn't be able to make it. They were friends of Elesa's from Calgary that I didn't know very well and 3 can be a tricky number for a group, especially when there is only one common friend.

I had mentioned this idea to Brett before, but soon it was serious and I needed to get things arranged. He was happy to let me go (he is just the sweetest that way) and I had help from grandmas and grandpas with the kids.

Long story, anyway, nearing the end of January we took the plunge and booked our trip. Elesa and Ryan had air miles they used to get a great flight, Brett had holiday inn points from all his work travel so we stayed in a brand new holiday inn express in Kona, and there was no turning back.

No comments: