Thursday, November 14, 2013

Genealogy

My aunt jeanntte ( my moms older sister) has done an amazing job with genealogy on the Blue side of my family, but nothing has ever been done for the Mabey side. Last time my aunt was in town she challenged me to get started. So we registered for ancestry.ca and I was amazed how easy it was- at least for the first few generations. I even connected with a cousin of my dad's in England who gave me a lot of her information that she's worked to collect. What was even better were the pictures she mailed to me of my dad and his siblings in the 60's. It's hard to explain the feelings I get looking at them, but it's all part of who I am and where I came from. It's very touching! I will treasure the pictres forever and my dad's sisters have asked for copies too. I can't wait to find more!

No comments: