Thursday, November 14, 2013

Banff Winter Start


Kaycee convinced me to sign up for the banff winter start race November 2. It was promised to be a great girls weekend away and a quick run as an excuse to get us there. Although we didn't get as many ladies as we thought we would, it was still nice to get away. Until the snowfall warning- I am a big chicken when it comes to winter driving, and I almost stayed home but Brett checked the weather conditions and figured we'd be fine. We got there just fine, but it was snowing pretty good and wet and windy so our fun afternoon shopping around banff was kind if a bust. 
The race went well, even after being rerouted for a grumpy bear. I felt strong on the icy hills, which wad good after struggling so badly on the hills in the spartan race.
The next days drive home was so scary. We took it nice and slow and made it home safe. Took an extra hour at least. 
My mom suggested i not go, my mother in law called asking me not to go- not worth the risk she said. But... Like a rebellious teenager I went anyways- while driving from red deer home doing 40km/hr I sure wished
I had listened ;) I saw at least 14 cars in the ditch, and the majority of them still had passengers in them. It was crazy!

No comments: