Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Encouraging Creativity

WW and I have been discovering some more of his many talents in the last little while. He is so creative, and I am finding it hard to control my own desire to find new things to introduce him to.

This all started when we went over to my sister in law JF's house for a quick stop in, and she was painting ceramic piggy banks with her kids. WW got to paint his very own mug, and we had a hard time pulling him away to leave. So I went to Michael's to see what I could find for him, and have had a hard time restraining myself since then. Michael's has so many different activities we are just getting started. (Plus with their 40% coupons, you really don't need to restrain too much) We have tried ceramics painting- (a mug for Papa Mabey, and we decorated his dad's splint bowl) we also bought regular crayola washable paint and some watercolors. WW will sit and paint for hours.
WW has also developed a LOVE of play dough. It occupies him in his highchair while I get all my housework
done around him. I took him to Toys-R-Us today and they had buy one play set get one free, so we are set with play dough for quite sometime now. Here are some pictures of him playing today. It has been difficult for me to ignore the mess, the little bits of color all over my floor,
but it's good for me to relax a little and let him enjoy himself. We even did a little finger and feet painting the other day which made for an interesting afternoon.

p.s I survived my ski holiday. I'll post about that with some pictures soon.

No comments: