Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Blog block

Not much exciting to report, but WW and I had a little adventure today. He has has these white spots on his tongue and on the inside of his lip for the last few months off and on. I have taken him to his family doctor who didn't know what it was, and I was fairly confident that it wasn't anything serious... but for my own sake we went in to the dentist for a quick check. We see Dr. Scott Bennett downtown, and since I don't enjoy the stress of looking for parking downtown and then rushing through busy streets to get to our appointment... we took the train. What a fun adventure for WW and I. He was such a good boy on the train, looking out the window and doing some people watching. I wish I had taken a picture.

He also did such a good job in the chair. He sat there and let the dentist check his spots (which seem to be from him chewing his lip) No tears!!! He is becoming such a big boy. I think it helped that his aunt HF was the dental assistant and gave him some great treasures before we got started. I was so proud of him though.

BJ and I have a romantic get away planned for tomorrow. We are driving to Banff to stay overnight and then for a day of snowboarding at Sunshine Village. I am really excited because it has been a few years since I've been snowboarding, and it will be good to get away for a quick trip with BJ. I just can't help but have aprehensions of leaving WW, and being so far away if there was any trouble. He will be in wonderfully capable hands (his grandmothers- my mom thursday and overnight, and then BJ's mom friday all day.) I am just an overprotective mother, with a few control issues. This will be really good for me. I are leaving in June for 6 days away to New York. WW will be with his dad, but if I can't leave WW for just over a day, then I'll be in big trouble for New York. It will be a good experience for the both of us.

Wish me luck! I'll post again later when I know how it turns out.

1 comment:

The Heavenor's said...

Your such a wonderful mom Leslie! That sounds like such a fun day wit Wyatt! Reading that makes me excited for the whole growing up things. And have a fun trip! We are going to do a little Banff getaway in June and I'm already missing Avery just thinking about it (even though shes with my mom) so yes I know what you mean!