Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Dear WW...

I have been having a hard time posting on this blog because I don't know the style to write it in... a journal, statements for others, daily life in general, etc. etc. So after much thought, and after realizing that I may be the only one that ever reads this (which is fine) I've decided to write in letter form to my baby boy so then I can include all of the above and I then feel like I know who I'm writing to.

Dear WW.

We have had an interesting start to the year... You are getting so big so fast, and every day you impress me with your courage, curiousity and strength. 7 months old, and are no longer content to just be... you are always exploring, trying new things and making me laugh. We just love having you around and don't remember life without you... if only you'd sleep better. Daddy and I love you so much!!!

President Hinkley passed away last week... it was a sad day for alot of people in the world, but happy at the same time because we know of the plan of salvation and that he is living again with his sweet wife, and interacting with the other great leaders of the church... (which I think is so neat to think about). I wish you would have been able to know him better, he has been the Prophet I've known the best, and have developed such a strong testimony of Latter day Prophets because of him. He was always so kind and gentle. He had an amazing sense of humor that allowed him to connect to the members of the church of all ages. Such an amazing example of hard work and dedication. They have called a new Prophet and first presidency yesterday and I'm so excited for the direction that these men will take the church. It is President Monson, President Eyring and President Uchdorf. It will be amazing to experience their leadership as you get older and learn more about the gospel.

We have made some resolutions for the year, and had a slow start in January and so have refocused and rededicated ourselves starting this month. We want to strengthen ourselves individually and as a family spiritually, physically, financially, and personally. I am excited to see how well we accomplish our goals... and want to make sure that we teach you to be dedicated and to have a desire to always improve yourself. I need to be better and wanting more for my life... Your dad is such a good example, and although he dreams BIG, he is always looking for more... I find that I can be happy with where I'm at, and that doesn't encourage growth. I hope you will dream big and not just accept what is handed to you.

I love you!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

It's fun that you've joined the blogging world. I'm new at it too. Your post makes me want to write a letter to my little girl - Hope things are good!