Thursday, December 29, 2011

December: Done!





We had a busy month, with preschool activities, play dates, birthday parties, working, etc. etc. we had a full calender before we added anything Christmas related. We have really adjusted well to this busy thing. We are thriving on getting out of the house and spending time with new friends.

This winter really isn't much of a winter at all. We have had very little snow but the kids and Brett have been great at taking advantage of whatever amount falls into our yard. I've even been doing the shoveling on the driveway this year. Brett continues to struggle with chronic pain in his hands and forearms so I have taken on the shoveling. It is actually really enjoyable. My very own driveway that I GET to shovel. I'm sure the excitement won't last long especially if we get the same amount of snow as last year, but for now it's fun. The kids are great little helpers too.


Wyatt's new best bud Cohen had his 4th birthday party this month and the whole family was invited. This is my new birthday plan for the next 18 years of my kids lives. Lindsay had a great little party planned with games and treat bags for Wyatt and Isla, and beautiful cake and delicious dinner just for us. After last years crazy kid party, I'm sold on small. It was lots of fun, and the kids didn't want to leave.

That night was also the night of my monthly book club meeting. It has been so great to have a book to read monthly that I don't have to find. It's also a great excuse to get together with some wonderful ladies!!! I love reading!

I worked a little bit more this month, and will hopefully try to work some more in the new year. I just love working in familiar classrooms. Supply teaching really is perfect for my little family right now. It is so nice to get out of the house and do something for me that I love. The little bit of extra income is nice too. I like feeling like I'm contributing :)

We were lucky enough to be invited to another birthday party for JH. He turned 3!!! We toured the Beaumont fire station and the kids were given free rein of the big trucks. What fun! SH also had birthday activities for everyone when we got back to her place. Great decorations, snacks, cake and a punch board with treats behind tissue paper. All these birthday parties we go to really make mine look pathetic. Hopefully Wyatt doesn't notice :)

My fabulous sister in law had a breaking dawn movie party. We had wedding cake, sparkling juice, delicious treats, games (pin the tail on the wolf, pin the teeth on the vampire). It was so much fun, then we finished the night off by going to see the movie. I love nights like this!

No comments: