Tuesday, October 25, 2011

MAJOR Catch up.


I promise that I've noticed my own lack of blogging lately. I've been terrible at keeping up with the ones I typically read too if that makes it any better. My excuse... no time. That, and I like to go to bed early :)

Since the FIRST WEEK OF SEPTEMBER we have been very busy. My calendar has never been so full with pre-planned activities. Then throw the last minute stuff, work, birthday parties, a new calling etc. etc into the mix and my excuse becomes valid. Nevertheless, I like to have this record, so there needs to be some time that I can squeeze in some blogging. As long as my dear friend SH keeps reminding me... PLEASE ;)

Wyatt has started swimming lessons! And I almost cried the first day when he did a back float with the teacher without the wailing hysterics that I seem to get. Not only that, but he puts his face in the water voluntarily and passed the 6 week class easily. I'm one proud momma. He is signed up for the next level already, and so we'll see how he does. I have high hopes for a little fish soon. We tried to prepare for swimming lessons by taking the kids to the pool weekly as a family, we are definitely not taking it easy on Isla. She will love the water if we have any say. :)

Wyatt goes to english pre-school on Tuesday and Thursdays. I had my heart set on french, but he wanted to try english. So he's signed up with all his little primary friends from the old ward. It is nice to see my mom friends when we drop off and pick up the boy. He is loving it. There is something about his teacher that bugs me, and I can't put my finger on it. Or even express what it is exactly... but as long as he's happy, I'm happy.

We go to the library on Monday mornings for a family story time. Wyatt gets to go with his new best friend, and he's as happy as can be. They haven't noticed yet that they are the oldest in the class by a few years, but who doesn't love listening to stories read. A new session just started this last monday and the new teacher is pretty strict. She obviously doesn't have toddlers of her own, and has fairly unrealistic expectations of the little ones sitting still and quiet for the half hour we are there. After class I get a nice visit, and the kids roam around finding books and movies to borrow.

Wednesday evenings we have Wyatt in the "Let's Play Music" program with Joanna Dick and Lisa LeBaron. It is so fun to hear Wyatt sing and participate in the class, especially since Brett and I are so CLUELESS musically. He has a little homework assignment weekly and honestly I had to cheat today because I had NO IDEA how to help. It is a three year program, and by the end he should be ready for private music lessons. Maybe I'll be ready too :)

Saturdays we are also doing indoor soccer. Wyatt isn't really a fan, and would rather sit on the sidelines... but I'll just continue to be the crazy mom on the sidelines screaming at him run :) He looks so cute in the uniform.

Well writing down what Wyatt's been up to seems a little crazy. I kind of feel that I'm living my childhood vicariously through him because there are a lot of things I wish I had done, or tried harder at. I really wish I had played more team sports, and really wish I had tried harder at piano. He's young, and is loving all the outings he has in the week. It's a VERY nice change from being cooped up at home.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Cutest uniform pic ever! Hooray for blogging. You made my night. That is one super busy schedule, I had no idea........no wonder you have no time to blog!
Keep it up.

The Pratts said...

Sounds busy when you write it all out..,busy but fun! I'm so glad you signed up for lots of craziness with me! It's not as fun doing it all without another mom there to visit with. Oh, and I feel all mysterious with my code initials on your blog! Heehee. Wait, do you want me to stop using your names on my blog?? Just let me know!

Sarah B said...

story time at the library! Remember that HUGE fabric dragon they used to have at the library? Is it still there?

That uniform picture is ADORABLE! hahah, love the confidence in him!