Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Why is this so hard?!

I can't figure out how to get myself "into" this whole blogging thing. Don't get me wrong, I like that I have a blog, I love that I can read everyone else's updates, but to find a second to sit down, and write seems to be the tough part. Priorities I guess, I'm going to try better... I've said it before, and most likely will again, but I'm impressed by those people who post often- like daily... I doubt I have enough to say for that, but I'd really like to have a full record of my life with two little ones.

Great example of my life right now, as I sit and type my 3 year old son says " your eye brows look mad" It must take some serious concentration and a furrowed brow to get this done.
We have been enjoying the spring weather. Bubbles in the back yard, bike riding, parks. It was such a long winter, and there really won't be that much warm weather before it hits us again. Sad thought, but if it motivates us to get out while we can then that is what we'll do.
I've been doing some running lately. I always hated running, it was hard and never felt like I was getting the "runners high" that I'd heard about. My sister in law is the best, and we have a pretty compatible pace, and so we've been working hard together to get to a decent distance. As of just last year we were pretty happy with 5K... now we've made it to 10K and I'm seriously considering training for a half marathon. Can't be that hard right? It would be even better if I got to travel somewhere great to run it. Brett is super supportive, maybe he'll get into it too. Anyways, I am now LOVING running. I still love the drop in classes at Millenium- they give my butt a good kick when I'm able to go, but I think I'm going to concentrate on running this summer and see how far I can get.

Brett is working a 6 week long shut down at work right now. It has limited the amount that I can teach, because our childcare trade offs are on hold till he's done. We lucked out with him working days only this time, but it's still a long day for him and for us at home. It's insane work hours- 13 hours per day, and they work 12 straight before he gets a sad 2 days off. Should be illegal!
Well I'm feeling a little caught up. I'm going to be back tomorrow and try some more :)

2 comments:

Kamry Low said...

i love blogs and i also love reading updates! how did you get the runners itch? i am right now saying i don't htink i can ever be that way! I hope i can catch up i need to shape up and getting to a gym with two seems to be hard for me!

Unknown said...

Ha ha Mom told me about the bookshelf incident. It was a daily occurrence here for about 18 months :)
I just started leaving them on the floor.

P.S. You're writing is much better than mine. I just feel I have a lot to say with out anyone to say it to.