Thursday, March 31, 2011

San Diego Temple


Our pictures do not do the beauty of this temple any kind of justice, but when we went to explore temple grounds the sun had already set a while ago, and the flash/ no flash in the dark just doesn't work out well.

This temple is my very FAVORITE. We had big plans before leaving for California to go and do a session as couples by trading off childcare. Once there, we realized that wasn't going to be as easy as we had initially thought, so decided to skip it. I was so disappointed, so decided one morning, that if I had to, I was going to go by myself. Brett was super supportive, and very encouraging and willing to watch the kids while I went etc.

Chantal decided she'd like to join me, so we were able to enter this beautiful building and spend some time. Let me say, it is more beautiful on the inside! It was a highlight of my trip for sure!

That afternoon, we went to Old Town San Diego to the Mormon Battalion Historical something or other. I missed the program because Isla didn't want to sit quietly, but the rest of the crew said it was really well done.

For dinner that night we had some authentic mexican food, (one thing I was looking forward to in the states) Delicious!

1 comment:

Sarah B said...

I remember seeing this temple when I was 12, or not really seeing it because in the sunlight it was so bright my eyes were burning! It is so beautiful, and looks like it should be a model version about 10 inches tall. It's too perfect to be life-like!! Cool you girls got to go to a session.