Saturday, August 14, 2010

A family trip

We took the kids to Calgary this past week. It was a quick trip but we managed to have a lot of fun while we were there. We drove down Tuesday to Airdrie to stay with my brother and sister in law and their girls. That afternoon we went to Calaway park. It is the first time I've ever been, but will definitely be going back. WW was so brave, I was amazed. He went on the bumper cars, the airplanes, boat ride, roller coaster, pirate ship and the log ride. He was with the girls so he had a lot of fun.
I went with him on the pirate ship, which is just like the boat at WEM that just goes back and forth. WW was so scared on the ride, I almost cried watching him. He was gripping the bars so tight, and was focused straight ahead with this look of fear in his eyes. Then anytime the boat went forward his whole little body would shake. So sad. The other rides were a bit better, he'd look pretty serious on the ride until he would pass us and we'd yell his name to take a picture, then he'd give us his biggest smile.
The log ride was the last ride of the day. WW was a little more apprehensive of the bigger rides, but they tricked him into thinking it was a dinosaur ride. He also ended up at the very front of the boat and got absolutely soaked. Poor little man was ready to go home by then.
IA was such a trooper on the whole trip. I couldn't have been more pleased. She was very friendly, and slept anytime we were in the car. Perfect!

Wednesday the boys took the kids swimming at the rec centre in Airdrie. What a great pool. All the kids had a lot of fun and were tuckered out by the end of the day. That night was WW's big show. We bought him tickets to "Walking with Dinosaurs" for his birthday. He has waited and waited for his big day to arrive and was able to go with his dad to see the life size dinosaurs. I guess it was a great show.

While they did that, IA and I went to meet up with my brother and his girlfriend for dinner- have I ever mentioned how much I hate driving in Calgary. It gives me grey hair. We went to a great place called Open Sesame and enjoyed some time together. - My brother and I were super close but since he's moved to Calgary a few years ago I feel like we aren't as tight. It was nice to just get together and visit- it was also nice to get to know his girlfriend a little more.

Thursday we hit up the Balzac mall and came home. It was a great trip, but it's always nice to be home. These girls are WW beautiful cousins. They just loved IA and were a great help, always ready with the soother.
Friday was BJ and my 5 year wedding anniversary. I can't believe how fast the time has flown by. He surprised me and set up a babysitter, and took me out to the Hardware Grill. It is delicious food- a little pricey, but once a year is definitely worth the splurge. I am looking forward to the next 5 and seeing what we do with ourselves and our little family.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Great pictures! What a brave little guy you have.....I can just picture how scared he was on some of those rides. We wil for sure have to join you guys next summer.
Isla looks so big already....and gorgeous as always.

Scott and Tara said...

Love Open Sesame! It is one of my favourites in Calgary.
Happy 5 years!