Saturday, August 14, 2010

A crazy couple weeks.

We had such a busy July. We were adjusting to being a family of 4, and there was just alot we packed into the month.

BJ went to boys camp after coming off his work set. He left wednesday morning after a 7 am dentist appointment and didn't return until Friday evening. That Sunday he spoke in church and then the following week got even busier.

We had doctor appointments for the kids, IA's baby shower, WW's 3rd birthday party and IA's baby blessing on Sunday.

My amazing friend SH and my wonderful sister in law threw the shower for us. I didn't get pictures yet, but it was great. They had all my favorite snacks, and we had a wonderful time visiting with everyone that came to support us. We felt very loved and got some amazing gifts. IA will be one well dressed little girl.

Saturday we had WW's party. It was a month late, but we couldn't go without celebrating . We had planned to have the party at our place, and just have everyone outside, but the mosquitoes have been INSANE. We moved the party to the church and that seemed the best for everyone. We got there early to decorate and set up, and the power was out. Not only was it out at the church, but our house, my parents house, my sisters house etc. etc. I was panicking. BJ was so calm and knew everything would work out. The party started at 10, and at 10:10 the power came back on and the party was a go. We had waffles, cake, a pinata and cookie decorating. It was dinosaur themed again, and it was just great to spend time with dear friends and family. I had only put up a couple balloons, and WW was pretty sure that it was the best party EVER!!!

Sunday was IA's baby blessing. What a special day! My mom made the dress- it was beautiful. BJ gave her the most beautiful blessing, and we had the support of everyone. My sister in law and her girls even came for the day from Airdrie. It was nice to spend that time with the ones we love.
It was nice to have that week over with- I'm not naturally a hostess so it was a little stressful- it was a wonderful week though, full of lots of family and lots of great friends. My two favorite things!

No comments: