Monday, July 19, 2010

Family of 4

I feel as though we are getting the hang of this family of 4 business! Feels good to have a handle on being the mom of two. BJ has been the most amazing help, and is such a wonderful dad. He adores his baby girl, and still has so much fun with his best bud WW.
IA will be 4 weeks tomorrow and it feels like we are settling into a groove. We even decided to head to Canmore last weekend for BJ's cousin's wedding. It was beautiful and we always have a great time with the family. All the Fixsen boys are very tight so it was nice to be all together, but BJ also has a very close extended family.
WW is such a great big brother, if I ask for his help now he'll respond something like "of course I can" he loves IA so much and gives her kisses all day long. As soon as they get in the car he wants to kiss her before he's strapped into his seat, before bed, first thing in the morning. I should really count how many times he kisses her, it is very sweet.
I am breastfeeding IA and am having success this time around, where with WW I supplemented a lot. It is nice to have that connection and that time one on one with her, but I have never felt so guilty either. It is so hard when she has an upset tummy that I am partly to blame because of something I've eaten that day. I'm sure she will quickly become less sensitive but I've stopped eating chocolate and fruit so far and she seems to be feeling much better. Who knows what I'll have to give up next.
(Any other mom's out there feel like they are never in pictures with their kids? Always the one taking them)


No comments: