Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Baby Girl

She has finally arrived! Two weeks ago actually, but we are slowly adjusting to being parents of two, and so this is the first time I've felt I've had some time to sit and write down the whole thing.

Monday night the 21st BJ was at work and so early that night I was headed to bed, and as I climbed into bed I thought I had peed myself. Thinking nothing TOO much about it (possibly another lovely side effect of pregnancy) I went to bed. The next morning I continued to have incidences of "wetting" myself a little. When BJ was up and our day was on the go, I thought I had better mention my trouble. We called the dr. office who told us to head to the hospital for a quick check to see if my water was leaking. Turns out it was!

They decided to induce me and so we were on our way to meeting our precious baby girl. We started the drip at about 2:30pm and I was considered in labor by 5pm. I had an epidural and comfortably labored till 8 when we pushed and had her out by 8:30pm. It was a great experience, baby handled labor perfectly and I enjoyed the experience much more this time as opposed to last.
WW is in love with his new sister, as are we! She is such a great baby, eats well, sleeps well, and is just so sweet to just stare at. She loves cuddles, and BJ and I are always very willing to volunteer for those. We think she looks a lot like WW did, especially when she is sleeping and her profile. Her hair is darker than his was, and she has a little less of it, but she was 8lbs and 21 inches long. WW was 8-3 and 21 1/4 inches. Very similar. I'm actually having a fun time catching IA in pictures posed similar to WW when he was born to see the similarities.

I am feeling great now, but I actually found the recovery for this baby to be harder than the first. I wasn't expecting the after pains (insane!!!) and I think I just couldn't take it easy like I did with WW, because I had WW who needed my attention.

Having two babies is a little crazy. BJ has been home for the past two weeks and we've loved having him home. He's been a great help. WW is a great big brother, but we are noticing he has started looking for attention in less favorable ways since IA has arrived. It will just take adjustment for all of us.
Here are some pics of the baby girl, just because she's so cute!
If only people could figure out how to pronounce her name, then I'd be 100% happy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I never expected the pronounciation thing to be such an issue. I think it is a beautiful ( and not THAT different) name.
-Love Auntie.

Allison said...

Yeah, I don't understand the issues with pronouncing her name either? She's beautiful and I'm so excited for you. It's exhausting with two but it gets easier I promise!