Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter

We had a great Easter weekend this year. We had BJ home and were able to get out in the beautiful weather with friends and family. We started a tradition with some dear friends to go to Fort. Edmonton Park for their Easter celebration. It was a lot of fun this year because the kids were a little bit older and were able to participate more independently. They hunted for eggs, got tattoos, colored easter eggs, planted seeds, pet animals. Fort Edmonton puts on a great program, we'll be back next year for sure!



This creepy turkey seemed to follow us around, but I'm sure everyone in the whole petting zoo felt that way. WW was much more brave than I, I wouldn't have gotten that close.
These two are the best of friends. Here they are sharing their candy loot they get after trading in the eggs they have hunted.
Planting a bean seed, I just love watching these two together!
Easter morning. Ready to find the treats the Easter Bunny left for him. He had quite a pail full by the end.
Pure excitement. He couldn't believe that all the treats were for him. He showed us every one of them.

Sunday afternoon we drove out to Sedgewick AB. for Easter dinner with the Drevers. BJ's mom's side of the family. It is always nice to see them, and the food is always delicious.

Monday was with my side of the family. BJ had to work days, so WW and I spend the day at my parents helping with the meal, going for a walk and relaxing. Another delicious meal followed with some time spent with my side of the family.

I just love holidays! Great food and great company!!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

I love the turkey pic............what a BRAVE boy!

Unknown said...

I was just going to say ... that's the biggest turkey I've ever seen. I wouldn't have been so brave to get up so close and still be smiling.

The Heavenor's said...

Sooo cute, I love that last pic of W, he looks like the happiest boy in the world!