Saturday, April 24, 2010

32 weeks-ish

We are nearing the end of pregnancy and I'm starting to worry about caring for another one of these teeny tiny beings. It has been a LONG time since I've been responsible for anything this small and that is scary. Lately though, I've been more scared of the birth than the baby afterwards. I was chatting to a friend the other night about it, and she made a very good point. With a first baby you are afraid of the unknown, you don't know what labor and delivery will be like... but with baby number 2 and on, you know full well what it's like, along with the recovery, "damage" and following baby care. I'm nervous!!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so lucky I had such an awesome birth/recovery that I already am not worried about that part.. I'm worried for right where you are at now, that part was horrible for me!!

It'll be great, you'll spend more time worrying about it now than it takes to heal. I bet the newborn is easier than Wyatt for care, just maybe less sleep!

Allison said...

Baby #2 is definitely easier, because you know what you're doing. However, I honestly know what you're feeling about labor and delivery- I was way more nervous about that than anything else. Surprisingly though, it went by so fast that I wondered what I was so worried about in the first place? You'll do great- I promise!

Sheri said...

I love that pic of tiny WW!! Baby #2 is a thousand times easier to look after because you are an old pro and you know you can leave them a bit longer when they are crying etc and you know they will be just fine. I am sure your labor will go even faster and be just fine. Now you know to just the epidural the moment you walk in the door because you full well know what is coming next :)