Thursday, September 10, 2009

27!

I just turned 27 this week and have had a really hard time with it. It just sounds so old! I completely appreciate that everyone is aging at the same rate as me, and that there are alot of people that are older than me... BUT I can't help the way I feel.

I thought earlier that maybe I was feeling bad about 27 because I hadn't accomplished much in my 27 years of life, but upon reflection I'm realizing that I have alot, and have done alot so far.

A home of our own, 2 vehicles paid in full, an amazingly supportive husband, a university degree, a beautiful son, savings in the bank, we're all healthy, we have incredible families we are a part of... I could really go on and on.

I'm realizing now that I have turned 27 that it's really not so bad, and I should just decide on those other things I want to accomplish before I turn 28 so I'm prepared- and focus on the fact that I'm lucky to have made it this far, and it will be a blessing to continue to age even farther!

2 comments:

The Whiddens said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Leslie! I hope you had a great day. No worries, at 27 you are still a spring chicken!

Sheri said...

27 is nothing!! I will always be older :) What is on your to-do list before you hit the big 28?!?