Saturday, January 11, 2014

Christmas 2013

We had a low key Christmas this year. We put up a little tiny tree because we have a toddler that likes to get into everything. We like to do a few things every year. I love traditions!

Barbie dream house. THis is not on the top of my list for favorite Cristmas activities. But I tried to be a good sport. No matter how hard we tried, it would not stay together. The kids didn't mind because I let them eat the candy.
This year to help me get in the Christmas spirit we got a house elf. Her name is Rosie and she was fun to find every morning. Wyatt lost interest by the end, so I think she may arrive a bit closer to Christmas next year so it stays fun, and so I don't have to think of so many ideas. Sheri and I texted pictures and ideas back and forth, there were a few nights she saved me by reminding me to move Rosie.

Christmas morning. Santa brought this big doll house to isla. It barely made it thanks to UPS- I opted to pick it up from the warehouse Christmas Eve just to ensure there was no disappointed girls in the morning. Took Brett and I all night to put together. These are the moments when I feel like a pretty good parent :)
Spent the morning the 28th catching up with two of my oldest friends. We all live in separate cities now but I feel like we see each other more now than the past few years. I love it.

We always go to the live nativity in Spruce Grove before Christmas. Reminds us of the true meaning of the season. It's a short little show, but you can feel the truth of the message. After we head to mike and heathers for Thai food. Delicious. Fed spiritually and physically!
Christmas morning presents and breakfast at my parents. It is getting crazy with everyone and all the stuff in a small space. But good memories!
Because of our growing numbers, we now have Christmas feast at my sisters. My mom still does the cooking- but everyone has some extra room to sit and visit.
 I missed pictures of Christmas with the Fixsens, Drever Christmas on Boxing Day. It's nice to be close to both our families, but it makes it busy when we need to see everyone. It was a good year. Onto 2014!



No comments: