Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Stella Blue Fixsen

Stella arrived on Nov.27 2012 just before 1am. It was a fairly uneventful labor and delivery- just the way I like it.

Monday I woke up to some mild contractions and so downloaded a handy app on my phone to monitor them. Brett was at work so I kept him in the loop about intensity and frequency and told him I'd let him know when to head home.
I cleaned my house, got wyatt to and from school and then by 5ish they were 5 minutes apart but still not very intense. I was strep positive for the first time so I was worried about getting the full 4 hrs of antibiotics so told Brett to head home and pick me up. My mom had come over mid afternoon to hang out while I labored and she kept the big kids for us.
We got to the hospital just before 6 ( got to love rush hour) and they put us into the monitoring room or whatever it's called. There we were just hanging out- sneaking some snacks feeling really good and the lady across the curtain was moaning and groaning as she experienced back labor and contractions every two minutes. At that point my contractions had slowed a lot and I was sure they were going to send us home.
With Isla my water was leaking a bit so they induced, and I had been having the same pee your pants feeling this time and so they checked to see if my water was leaking and determined that it was so I was admitted.
We got into our delivery room and my contractions had picked up so I asked for an epidural- which was my most successful of the three. We had to labor without assistance for at least 4 hours with the antibiotics so we napped, played words with friends. Brett went for a booster juice. By midnight-ish my nurse said I may start to notice the epidural wearing off and to feel free to ask for a top up, when I asked the nurse covering my other nurses break checked me and I was 10 and ready to push. My obstetrician didn't make it in time. The resident at the hospital delivered Stella and we were thrilled she was a healthy little girl. I was pleasantly surprised that she was a pound smaller than my other two had been.
She is my sweetest baby so far! So easy going and smiley. We are so blessed to have her in our family!







No comments: