Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween

I'm not good at buying new costumes every year, so my poor kids were dragons again this year. I actually borrowed a princess dress for Isla, but she wanted to be just like Wyatt.

We were invited for a spooky dinner and games at the Pratt's for fhe. My kids are lucky to have friends with such cool parents. It was a fun night.

Halloween day Wyatt had a party at school, and some moms with little ones met at the church nursery for snacks and play time. In the afternoon while we waited for Brett to get home, I took the kids to the mall for some warm (mommy friendly) trick or treating. I hadn't thought of it until I saw some posts from other parents on Facebook. It took us under an hour to get through the whole mall, and they came home with more candy than they needed.

Brett took them out in the evening. It was cold and wet and Isla lasted 15 minutes before wanting to come home and help me hand out candy.

What do you do with the candy? It is way too much for anyone to eat, but I know from buying my own to hand out that it's expensive stuff to just discard of. The only positive thing is they ten to open something have a bite and then are interested in something else, so they aren't really eating much.

No comments: