Monday, July 25, 2011

Feeling Antsy...

One summer a few years ago, Brett, Wyatt and I made the long trip to Oregon to visit Brett's dad's side of the family. We drove! It was an insanely long trip for me and my one year old son. Too many hours of time to fill with in-carseat entertainment. Anyway, we got 98% of the way there... like driving through Portland, Oregon to the smaller town that his aunt lived in, and I had HAD IT!!! I figured it would be better to turn around and drive all the way home than to survive one more hour in the car to our destination. Crazy I know, but I'm sure you've all been there.

This is how I'm feeling about my move. We load up the UHaul on Friday afternoon, and I have just about had it with the whole thing. I'm feeling ready to unpack all my boxes and just stay in our condo for a few more years- then try this again. Less drawn out next time.

Obviously that isn't going to happen. I have our house saved in my favorites on the comfree app on my phone, and so I can still see our house and the pictures. I remind myself daily what I'm working towards. Just a few more days, a few more days....

On another frustrating note... we did some home renos in our condo about 4 years ago. These included changing the carpet/lino to laminate, changing the baseboards and doors to white etc. After that work, we lost steam and didn't quite put the finishing touches on. SO... for the past few weeks I have spent countless hours painting and filling, adding knobs to our closets etc. All for someone else to enjoy because we won't be here. It actually looks really nice in here if you look past the boxes piling up. I really wish I had taken the time a few years ago to finish those details for us to enjoy.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I totally know that feeling! It will be so worth it but the moments leading up to it sure can make a person crazy. Can't wait to see your beautiful new home.....I think you might need to have a house warming party!

Jaima said...

Can't wait to see your place! Sorry we weren't around to help with the move. I enjoyed reading your post.