Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My month!!


October is officially going to be MY MONTH!!! I have nothing but positive thoughts about what this month and the next couple may hold for my little family.

#1- We've decided that now is the time to look for another house. We are so fortunate to be able to hang onto the condo as an investment property and rent it out, but we are looking forward to bigger and better things for our little family. We love our home now, but with BJ's shift work it just is not working very well anymore. WW is very loud and refuses to whisper, and everything we need for the day is right outside the room where BJ sleeps. We just need more space... there is only so much space you can take up in other peoples homes with our extra boxes and storage.

#2- I finally have heard from Edmonton Public Schools. I have a screening interview on the 13th of October and will hopefully be put on the sublist. I'm very nervous but I'm so grateful to SH who helped me remember some important things about teaching that will help me with the interview. I owe her big! I'll be watching my sister's little guy starting in November a couple days a week, and then she'll be available to watch WW on the other days so I can sub. It should work well!

#3- Thanksgiving is one of my VERY FAVORITE holidays. Turkey is delicious and family fun is memorable... but it's so great to really ponder and acknowledge the many blessings we have in our lives that we are grateful for. WW is also looking forward to strutting his stuff in his scary dinosaur costume for Halloween. I'm hoping I can convince my sister in law to have her annual family get together this year again. WW looks so great in his costume, and would wear it everywhere if I let him.


#4- This could be our month for many more exciting possibilities. I've been loving getting back to the gym regularly, and LOVE having my sister in law be my workout buddy. She is the best! We are working hard and will hopefully find a good fun run for us to try next spring/summer... we just get to train till then. BJ is always working so hard to support our family, I'm SOOO lucky to have him. I'm just feeling really good! We are looking forward to a trip just the two of us in the middle of November... that isn't this month, but we are looking at trips and deciding what we might want to do... so daydreaming is definitely going on this month! Maybe good things will continue for the rest of the year.

I sure hope everyone else is having a good month too, and has things to look forward to. All the best!!!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

I can't wait to take my little puppy trick or treating with your little dino!!! (Oh and we are for sure on for a party at my sisters....we should make cookies)

Jaima said...

WW's costume is too cute for words! Has he earned his potty crocodile yet? Good luck at your interview, and enjoy planning your holiday. I'm excited to hear where you end up going. Happy Thanksgiving!

Sarah said...

Love your attitude this month, maybe I'll be inspired and stay positive!

I agree with Thanksgiving and Halloween though, such a great time of year!

Scott and Tara said...

Sounds like you are on the right track from a great month! I need to be more positive like that.
Cant wait to see the next post to see how your interview went, hope it went great.
Good look on house hunting. I cant wait for the day when we get to move into something bigger!