Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Work

My posting has become very slack lately, and I do have things to post about- our camping trip to crimson lake, Canada Day, Grandma Drevers party and Drumheller... but I seem to be lacking hours in the day.

I worked at the SVC before I had WW, and since then I've work very casually for them whenever I'm needed, and more importantly when I have been available. This month one member of their staff had surgery and so has to be at home to recover, so I've stepped in when I can. BJ is so wonderful and because of his great schedual, I'm able to work when he has days off, and then my also wonderful mom steps in when we need some backup. I've only been working 3 days a week for the past couple but I can't even believe how few hours you have left after you get home. All those moms out there that work full time... you must be superwomen. I am enjoying being at work, having a change of pace/ scenery but it's always nice to come home to my boys who have missed me "this much" (arms spread wide) I don't think I'll ever work full time because I can't seem to keep up, but I really appreciate what these shifts this month have done for me.

Hopefully I'll find some more time soon to blog, and then I'll catch up on the day to day goings on of the B&L Fixsen family (There are two other Fixsen family blogs you can read on my attachments- both worth blog hopping to.)

Another thing I should write down so I'm accountable is that I'm re-motivated to work out and spend some time for me due to family experiences in the last few weeks/ months. I found after I had WW that I needed some time to myself but didn't really have anywhere to go by myself... I would head over to Millenium place alone and spend my hour or so I had at the gym and I have always found that working out is both healthy for my body and my MIND. So we're back at it, a few months of working out and we'll see where we are... ALSO none of my clothes fit... literally none of them. I must have been wearing lululemon and scrubs (for work) too much because they just expand with me. Hopefully I don't have to go anywhere soon :) Hope the summer is treating everyone well. Enjoy the rain, it is so good for the grass!!!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

You look amazingly great to me! (You have the best "guns" on your arms..........send some of those muscles my way!)
I should join you on the work out train; I've been a bit bothered by my belly that seems to not want to go away on its own.

The Heavenor's said...

Leslie, your so cute! And I bet your look amazing still, you are such a skinny minny, so on your worst days (what you think your worst days) you still look fantastic! But I agree, getting yourself in shape and taking time for yourself is so important. It really helps your mental state and just feeling better. I went through that after I had Avery too and just getting my butt in gear. Once I did it was way better!